mercredi 20 octobre 2010

Lukewarm Side-dishes

This morning at the table my mom had prepared an array of Korean food: rice, bean-paste soup (tastes better than it sounds, especially on a rainy day), beef, and many colorful side-dishes. I slept in for breakfast so I guess this was sort of a brunch; I was hungry. Immediately I stuffed some rice wrapped in sea-weed into my mouth, mmmm. Then I went for the egg dish... I almost spit it out. It was supposed to be hot, but it tasted very very cooled on my tongue. Then I went for the soup which was supposed to be steaming, piping hot, enough to make me have to blow on it to take a sip. It was very much a room-temperature liquid, diminishing its effects of a satisfying bowl of soup on a rainy day. I'm sure my brows scrunched into my forehead as I walked over to the microwave and inserted the bowl inside. 30 seconds on high later, a signal from the nerves in my finger to my brain alerted me that the bowl I was touching was HOT! Happily, I carried it over to enjoy the rest of my meal how it was supposed to be.

I realize this was just a bowl of soup. But rather than criticizing the bowl, it made me want to examine my own temperature. How about us? Do we have particularly passionate lives ourselves.. or are we living lukewarmly? Has our steam gone out?

Do we need to be re-heated??

So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. Revelations 3:16

1 commentaire: